Paramount International Careers (PIC)
PIC are the talent partners of an international portfolio of educational institutions. More broadly, our specialist talent management team, partners with language centres, schools and universities and governments in emerging regions to provide passionate and talented teachers to upskill young learners, adults and local teachers.
Our global reach is rapidly expanding, and we are currently recruiting for talented English teachers to work in one of the most culturally vibrant countries in the world, China. If you’re interested in an adventure in China, and you would like to work with a trusted British recruiter, then PIC would love to talk to you about how you could be out teaching in China in 2019!
First of all, here’s a little bit about PIC:
What makes PIC teachers great?
Quality Standards - The highest quality professionals committed to educational excellence.
Unique Tools - Bespoke resources and tools at their fingertips.
Rewarding Opportunities - Our projects can take our teachers to beautiful and largely undiscovered regions where they can have the most positive impact.
Passionate People - Contagiously enthusiastic and engaged teachers with innovative ideas and knowledge.
About the position
Paramount International Careers, a division of Acumen Education is the world’s leading education recruitment company. PIC operates in many regions around the world. We have vacancies for teaching positions across China so if you prefer the fast-paced city life or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you.
You will be working in one of the popular cities in the Zhejiang Coastal Province in China, including Hangzhou, Suzhou, Wuhan, Wuxi, Ningbo, Taizhou.
We have links with both Primary & secondary schools as well as Adult education institutions in over 60 Cities in China.
We actively engage with the schools and universities local management teams to ensure our core values and operating standards are adopted in our quest for high educational achievement.
Not TEFL trained yet? No problem.
All our teachers receive Paramount's unique teacher training pack, which will be delivered to you wherever you are in the world. If you’re not TEFL qualified (or equivalent) then we will help you with that too and throw in a 50% discount off the course of your choice (conditions apply).
As an EFL teacher for Paramount you will be responsible for:
Developing the knowledge and understanding Oral English, you will prepare inspiring lessons, encourage independent learning and academic excellence to students whose first language is not English. Working proactively and in collaboration with students and colleagues, you will work to raise the linguistic ability of all students.
Teaching conversational English and grammar.
- You will be teaching around 30-35 hours per week.
- Deliver the training as relevant to the ability of the children that you teach.
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate.
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of students you teach.
- Be aware of student’s capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching to differentiate appropriately.
- You will already have or learn to develop an understanding of the needs of all students, including those with special learning needs; gifted and talented; EAL; disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy including the correct use of spoken English.
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners progress and levels of attainment.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment to secure students’ progress.
Position: Oral English teacher, China.
- A bachelor’s degree or above
- Paramount International Careers (PIC) Ltd is committed to safeguarding all children and young people. All post holders are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS and Barred List Checks or equivalent.
- The Chinese Government requires a health examination to obtain a work permit, for details please see: https://www.opportunity-china.com/living-in-china/medical-check-information/
- Native level English speaker
- TEFL qualified or equivalent
- Teaching qualifications: Not TEFL qualified yet? No problem. Apply for the position and we will support you through the process.
- Salary – Competitive base salary + free accommodation, health insurance and flight ticket reimbursement up to 5000 RMB
Interested in hearing more? Apply today.